Thanks for popping in.
As I write this, the local secondary school is still hard at it although, as the children streaming out are not in their uniforms, surely today must be the last day of term. When I was a gal my bus pass used to be valid until something like 5th July giving us a jolly good break. Times change. My five this week are about change.
1. Our local Wyevale Garden Centre is changing the way they operate their voucher scheme, gone are all the bits of paper you have to remember to take with you. Instead you get a discount on each visit using the store card and a further 5% off for those over 60 on Tuesdays. Oh that the supermarkets would do the same. We took advantage of a few end of scheme vouchers to enjoy afternoon tea for two for £6.20! Bargain!
2. Our garden peas have changed from flowers to pods full of juicy peas. Yum!
3. I've changed into a bookworm and can't put my library borrowings down. This week I've enjoyed the books below.
4. Nature is constantly on the change. I've seen a couple of snakes - adders - this week, one on the footpath in the middle of the woods and the other on the pavement by the shops, but was the latter a real one or made of rubber? Difficult to tell without a prod. Garden flowers looking gorgeous in the sunshine.
5. It was all change at the station when the signals at Waterloo were caught up in a fire, 8 lines were affected, loads of trains were cancelled. At one point it looked like we'd have to get from Richmond to Paddington to travel further but luckily a lone train chugged in to the station late, late, late and got us all home again.
Have a great weekend.