Hello and welcome to my red post, a random collection of red bits and bobs. As always I am contributing to Amy from Love Made My Home's Five on Friday fun. Do have a look to see all the others that are joining in today.
Thank you also for all your comments on previous posts, it's always good to hear from you.
Here we go then!
1. The photo below shows some digestive biscuits but they are not ordinary biscuits as the packet is made of felt. Last year Lucy Sparrow created an art installation in London - a whole corner shop full of felt items. Everything from the newspapers to the ice-creams in the freezer was felt! It was truly a spectacular feat and must have taken her ages. You could buy things from the shop but a packet of biscuits cost £20 instead of the usual £1 from a normal supermarket! It transferred to Brighton after a month and is not on view anymore. When I visited, Lucy took several people off for a workshop where they were all busy making packets of Doritos!
2. Another art installation, but permanent this time, is in Kingston. Called Out of Order, it was made by sculptor David Mach in 1989 and features 12 tumbling telephone boxes.
3. Weren't the poppies at the Tower of London wonderful, Blood Swept Lands and Sea of Red. Here's the website if you want to read more about it.
4. Here are some Razzamatazz chilli plants at the West Dean Chilli Fiesta. Even if you don't like eating chillies, these look wonderful as houseplants. The chillies change colour going yellow, purple and red.
5. A vibrant acer in the autumn at Winkworth Arboretum. What a fabulous colour! Here's my post on the Arboretum in the Spring.
Have a great week and see you all again another day!