Thursday, 7 September 2017

Around the Shops

Hello

Thanks for visiting.

Not being someone who is terribly keen on shopping, even I could tell that Cardiff has a great range of retail therapy from all the usual big stores to small independent shops.  There are large modern malls, very handy when it's raining, many Victorian arcades and market stalls.

It's all very colourful with the flowers and Welsh flags fluttering in the breeze.






In St David's Dewi Sant Mall, a colourful artwork caught our eye.  It was the Welshification of film titles, changing some of the words in the title into Welsh ones creating a pun.  It all started off as a game as explained in this link.



If you know any Welsh,  you can join in and make suggestions.

As always, there is so much more to see at the shops but I'll leave you to browse when you visit.

Cheerio

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great mall loved the old railings, what a wonderful sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many pretty arcades there, you are stepping back in time.

      Delete
  2. I am so glad to have a kindred spirit who's not terribly keen on shopping. Most people I know think I am weird but I find it very stressful. More tourist board stuff here, well done. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Hopefully someone will go to all these places I'm telling you about and enjoy them as much as I did. x

      Delete