Wednesday, 12 July 2017

The Garden

Hello

Thanks for popping in.

My blogging year has been a bit different this year with our trip to Australia earlier in April.  First of all I got Very Organised in planning posts for when we were away as I didn't think I'd have time whilst Taking It All In on holiday.

When we got back I had so many, many posts to share with you all and to keep a record so we could look back on such a great trip.  While you were reading those, I was off out at home Doing Things and so I then had a backlog of those posts.  I'm gradually catching up with myself.

It's a bit like the garden, when we got back, everything was really dry, seeds hadn't been planted either.  So we are just about catching up with that as well.

Flowers are in short supply, it seems to have been quite cloudy and particularly shady too but here are a few stars including a wild orchid in the lawn which I've left to flower providing dandelions for the wildlife.



You may remember that I got some hugely discounted wildflower seeds which I planted in some beds that Mr CK made for me.


I had envisaged them looking like this:


However, with them not being watered for a while and it being shady, each plant has opened up individually and I have taken a photo of each flower in its lonesome blooming.


There are still flowers coming up, lots of poppies too and we are enjoying the seed pods left too.

Vegetables are really taking off now and I'll do another post on those soon.

Hope all is well in your garden or plant pot.

Cheerio

8 comments:

  1. So pretty & colourful! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riita, I must get back to joining in with your link.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! Hope that you get lots more wildflowers and that they make lots of seed so you get more next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. We'll probably do it again next year but perhaps use a packet of seeds instead.

      Delete
  3. It's been a very dry year. Always frustrating when your planting plans don't quite work out. Your flower pictures are still lovely. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I expect you are quite a bit warmer than here but your garden always looks beautiful. x

      Delete
  4. Despite the lack of water they are doing so well. Hopefully we will be able to get a garden established next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be interesting to see what you are able to grow. Exciting!

      Delete