Friday, 7 July 2017

Five on Friday - Tasty Treats

Hello

Thanks for visiting as we join Tricky for Five on Friday on his FAST blog link-up.

This week I offer you five of my latest culinary finds which make me feel full of beans.

One - Liquorice Tea

Having always been a coffee person, since my trip to Australia I have switched to tea, in particular liquorice tea which is available from most supermarkets here in the UK and have practically cut out coffee altogether apart from a free one from Waitrose from time to time. I have felt so much better for the change.  The world of fruity teas seems to have exploded recently with things like nettle and peppermint, cinnamon and lime and ginger on offer but you need to watch out that it's all natural and no flavourings have been added.



Two - Skyr Yogurt

This Icelandic yogurt comes in plain, strawberry and honey flavours and is a delicious thick fat free and sugar reduced addition to my breakfast cereal each morning or on top of some freshly picked strawberries.



Three - Auntie Val's Marmalade

There are so many types of Auntie Val's marmalade which I am going to work through from Orange and stem ginger, Orange and blueberry, lemon and elderflower and liquorange and plenty more besides.  You can get it from farm shops, 5* hotels, golf clubs and even online here.  What I liked about the company is their attitude to disabled employees those with special needs and learning difficulties, it's all about giving them opportunities with training and work experience. Here's their website.



Four Raspberries

You can't beat freshly picked raspberries especially when you've picked them yourself as there's all that standing-in-the-farm-taking-in-the-atmosphere in every bite.



Five - Cheese Scones

I haven't mentioned cheese scones for a while so here they are just in case you think I have forgotten all about them!



Have a great weekend.

Cheerio

20 comments:

  1. Such delicious things! The Yogi Tea and Pukka we have here too (I very like them!) and what could be more yummy than self collected raspberries? I could nor imagine my garden without them... and we often eat chocolate ice with raspberries and whipped cream.
    Have a delightful weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious. I have been trying to make frozen yogurt but haven't had very good results yet. Have fun.

      Delete
  2. I love licquorice so I wonder if I'd enjoy licquorice tea. I haven't heard of Auntie Val's but what great ethics, I like their statement, "Everything we do is about ability not disability".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was great too, it's good to support people that are trying hard to help others. I don't eat liquorice allsorts so I'm not sure if the tea bears any resemblance to them but it is quite sweet.

      Delete
  3. I like Skyr yoghurt too. The teas look wonderful, I quite facy licquorice tea, I must try some:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know what you think. With it being quite sweet, I'm not eating so many biscuits either!

      Delete
  4. I love tea but have never had Liquorice. Yummy raspberries and the marmalades look wonderful, too. Your post has made my mouth water! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's good. Liquorice Tea has quite a strong sweetish flavour and is nice mixed with other fruit teas too.

      Delete
  5. I am so missing the pick your own farm for berries this summer, there isn't one locally. The raspberries look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you be able to grow some in your garden when you get organised? I suppose a sheep might pop in and eat them though!

      Delete
  6. Morning! Your post is making me feel hungry! The marmalade company you mention sounds a good one. Fruit and yoghurt - very healthy and enjoyable. I'm afraid I enjoy my English breakfast tea especially when in Italy and take a supply, but with the heat lighter, cool drinks are refreshing. Liquorice tea sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Not doubt there are some wonderful treats over in Italy that I have been missing all these years!

      Delete
  7. Such a yummy "Five" post! I would especially love those cheese scones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot decide which one is the most delicious, I'll have to visit and figure it out! hahaha


    Thanks for joining in with Five on Friday, we hope you have had a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to catch up with your five, I am glad you are still enjoying taking part in this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably still be finding five things on a Friday when everyone else has stopped!

      Delete
  10. what a yummy 5! a cheese scone sounds scrumptious! thank you so much for linking up with willy nilly! it is nice to meet you :) have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete