Thursday, 6 July 2017

A Feast of Hollyhocks

Hello

Thanks for popping in.

At this time of year people are doing The Season, visiting the racing at Ascot, rowing at Henley, tennis at Wimbledon and such like.   I have my own Season, mainly based on flowers, where I have to be in a certain place at the right time.  I've done the bluebells in Eversley and the fritillaries in Oxford and now I'm on the hollyhocks in Wokingham.  This is the third year I've made a beeline for Wokingham and just stood there transfixed, oohing and ahhhing.












If I had a field of poppies and cornflowers nearby, I'd be off there next.

Cheerio

12 comments:

  1. Who knew that Wokingham was such a great place for hollyhocks, they are wonderful aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fabulous! So many colours as well, cheering the place up while the building work takes place.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous! Aren't they completely wonderful? We have them in the garden, majestic plants. I love that you have a flower season! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all those cottage plants, they're so vibrant. Ha! it's just a bit of fun!

      Delete
  3. I am oohing and ahhhing too, what a wonderful display.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they are wonderful! I love Hollyhocks as they remind me of summer days in grandma's garden:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah happy days. You can't beat these old fashioned cottage plants.

      Delete
  5. I love, love, love hollyhocks, but they will not grow here. Let me rephrase that, they'll grow here, but they don't produce flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why that is. They always seem to be growing in scrappy, dusty soil where you'd think nothing would grow and yet produce such huge stems and flowers.

      Delete
  6. Those hollyhocks look great and right at home against the different colours of the brickwork. A cheery sight with so many growing and flowering all at once.

    ReplyDelete