Thursday, 22 June 2017

Painshill Walled Garden

Hello

Welcome to the blog.

I really love a walled garden, don't you?  You know it's going to be good from the outside when all you can see are the high walls and a half open door.  All the sun's warmth gets trapped in those walls and the gusty wind controlled. They probably don't stop the slugs though!

Painshill Park's walled garden was divided into two by another wall in the middle, one side fruit and vegetables, the other flowers and a permanent marquee used for weddings. What a great spot for a wedding.










I hope you've enjoyed the trip to Painshill as much as I did.  Do pay a visit if you're nearby to help support the great restoration work going on, they could do with some extra funds.

I'll leave you with a statue of Bacchus who is awaiting the restoration of his temple.



Cheerio

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garden. Wish I had delphiniums like those. There is something special about red brick walls in a garden. B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful garden, a real sight for sore eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were lots of buds about too, so it's probably even better now.

      Delete
  3. Oh, yes I do love a walled garden and this one is particularly beautiful. I love the old, warm looking red bricks, to step inside them would feel like going back in time:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had noticeboard around the walls with all sorts of historical information, which was interesting too.

      Delete
  4. A walled garden is my favorite type of garden, some day maybe I'll have one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful garden - so neat and tidy! I love the potting area....I can only dream.....xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lady gardener thought the garden was her pride and joy and it definitely showed in her work. x

      Delete
  6. The red wall is a dream. I wish I had one in our garden. We have the high hedges. They also make us to feel cozy in the garden.
    Have a nice day
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something about bricks and how they hold the heat that make them special. Hedges are good too though. 😊

      Delete
  7. I like visiting walled gardens and this one looks really big and productive. I enjoyed the peek into the gardeners' tool and potting place. Gorgeous delphiniums and that type of rose is one I've had my eye on in the garden centre to buy. Love the statue of Bacchus and I hope the temple soon gets restored with the help of funds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll have a great spot high up on the hill looking over the wonderful countryside. 😊

      Delete