Wednesday, 15 March 2017

In the Pink

Hello

It must have been the rhubarb and custard I had for dinner, but when I set out on my afternoon stroll I thought I needed a challenge.


I set about searching for pink things which incidentally extended the number of steps recorded by about 3,000.  Sometimes a challenge can work wonders.

Scarf on, pink of course. the challenge was on.



If I'd chosen yellow, there would have been a lot to capture. In fact I'd have stopped at every garden as daffodils spilt out everywhere but pink was a little more tricky. Blossom, camellias, bergenia and heather were there plus a few early azaleas.


I spotted a few pink boots, bikes and scarves but I think their owners would have thought it a bit odd if I had taken a photo.  I headed for the shops, surely there would be something in the window.

Like a beacon in the distance, pink of course, the Pet Parlour came into view. Not just their blind but


the door too!


The shampoo bottles in the hairdressers looked great under the reflected clouds.


The moon was still visible and deserved a photo too.


Finally a pink sign advertising Active Kids.  We all need to be active and if it helps to make your walks more fun, why don't you set yourself a silly challenge all to keep your exercise levels up and your hearts working well.


Have a look at this link to the British Heart Foundation's website which gives ideas to prevent heart disease, there's even a 10 minute workout you can do in your own home to help.

Go on, keep active, it just makes sense!

Cheerio

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea to look out for a colour when you are out walking. Hope the rhubarb and custard was yummy when you got home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super delicious! We're lucky to have lots of lovely walks round this area aren't we, even Reading is full of rivers with paths, I do like a walk by a waterway. x

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of setting yourself a challenge, making things fun is a good way to motivate yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't realise you are doing it if it's fun.

      Delete
  3. Great idea to set yourself a challenge as you walk, you found some lovely pink things:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great and inspirational post Karen, well done you. I did like the pink paw prints on the window and chuckled at the thought of you surreptitiously taking a photo of people with pink on them for your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 😊 We all need to do a bit more exercise, not you of course, it's so easy to spend too much time on the computer. x

      Delete
  5. Love pink and what a great way to get those steps up. That rhubarb and custard looks yum:). B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rhubarb is great at the moment all pink and delicious. x

      Delete
  6. You've suggested a good challenge to add on more steps. I hope to do better when the weather warms and the snow is gone - right now it's half an hour on the treadmill in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, is the snow still, there, let's hope it goes soon.

      Delete