Wednesday, 22 March 2017

Crochet Progress

Hello

Thanks for visiting.

Sunglasses on, I wouldn't like to strain your eyes, the colourful lap blanket has been finished off with a couple of rows of trebles plus a row of shells to give a wiggly edge.  It will be quite difficult to lose this!!


The small squares of scraps of wool have been joined together with a continuous flat braid joining method.  I'm leaving this on the side for the moment until I decide what to do with it but at least all the little squares aren't falling all over the place!


Next up, I've started to convert the flowers to squares using Stylecraft DK Parchment, quite a few to go.


When I got the flowers out of the basket where I had put them for safe keeping, guess what I found!


The little rascal!!  Perhaps I'll have to make a few more small squares and join them on.

Cheerio

10 comments:

  1. The lap blanket's lovely and no, you definitely won't lose it. The scrappy blanket is lovely too, it's amazing what you can make out of scraps, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's such great fun. The wool almost says make me into a blanket or a jumper or a sock! It's usually a blanket with me then it doesn't have to fit!!

      Delete
  2. Ha there's always one isn't there?! Good job looks wonderful. Just left England but we were very happy to see something of Spring in the UK!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wren. Hope you had a good hol, we've had some nice days and all the flowers are out. I bet everyone was thrilled to see you again. x

      Delete
  3. Wow, Karen, that's beautiful! Clever you. Cheeky little last one escaping and hiding like that :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such happy, lovely designs! Well done! It would be very hard to feel sad when wrapped in one of these! They are like beautiful, colorful gardens :) There's always a stray blossom hiding somewhere......xx K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I'd never be able to make something plain! x

      Delete
  5. Love the colours. I feel it might be time for a few more crochet squares, yours are encouraging me :) B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have enough crochet squares! x

      Delete