Friday, 17 February 2017

Five on Friday -Winter at Wisley Garden

Hello again!

Thanks for visiting especially as it's Five on Friday, Amy at Love Made My Home has organised another link-up over on her blog which you'll be able to see if you click on the link. Thanks Amy. 😊

Thanks also to my dear friend for taking me to Wisley Gardens this week for a great mooch and a natter.  Here are my five from this impressive Royal Horticultural Garden, still asleep for the Winter but with buds and bulbs getting ready to bloom.

Woodland Flowers

The Spring bulbs are starting to push through the ground. The hellebores and snowdrops were looking beautiful but in a couple of weeks, you won't be able to move for crocuses.









Weather

A warmer day greeted us and hundreds of others who were all set to see the butterflies fluttering in the glass house, a special event for half term.  Later in the day, the skies grew grey, light rain fell and a rainbow shone over the RHS Wisley buildings. Henry Moore's King and Queen surveyed the lake trying to decide on a swim or not.





Weird Wonders

Colourful metal flowers popped up in the flower beds, a prelude to the anticipated real ones.





Bamboo

The small gardens and beds had been tidied and reorganised ready for the growing season. In fact a lot of construction work was underway, however some specimens had their time to shine before all the colour breaks through again. This bamboo caught my eye with its striking stems.


Shop

Last of all, you have to have a look round the gift shop and at the plant sales.  Something for everyone.






Have a good week.

Cheerio

40 comments:

  1. Wisley sounds like my sort of place. Hope you made a wish on that gorgeous rainbow. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when the skies go dark grey when the sun shines, the light is just beautiful. x

      Delete
  2. What fun at Wisley Garden. Love the weird wonders and I could get lost in the shop. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see sculptures in gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos. I love the sculptures. The flower one is really nice and colourful.

    Happy Five on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good idea to have a few colourful sculptures about at this time of year until the real ones bloom.

      Delete
  5. It looks wonderful, I'd love to visit one day. Looks like you had an interesting visit:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd love it there, I'm sure. There's so much to see.

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely place to visit it was joy to stroll with you. I loved the stunning display of spring bulbs and the sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just gets better and better throughout the year.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the tour, it made me want to visit Wisley even more, who know maybe one day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you must have some great places near you too!

      Delete
  8. Wisley is on my wish list so it is lovely to see it through your pictures. The bamboo looks like a sculpture rather than a living growing plants, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy visiting gardens and then wishing I had couple of gardeners.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely visit you must have had. A great mix of flowers and other things too. I like the metal flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even at this time of year, there's always something to see.

      Delete
  11. Wisley looks like a most interesting garden to visit. The hellebores are such pretty flowers. I always pay a visit to the gift shop in a garden, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great place to visit. I love hellebores. I enjoyed your five! Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, there are so many different coloured hellebores, a great plant at this time of the year.

      Delete
  13. loved seeing your very colorful post on this wintery day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a wonderful outing. I do love your term - a 'mooch and a natter'! This makes me smile :) It's so nice to see the early blooms in the gardens and all the nice sculptures. Garden shops are my favorite places to be. Hope you found something nice to take home. xx K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can quite easily get tempted by these shops, there's so much to see. x

      Delete
  15. I keep meaning to go s friend of mine went last year and raved about it also. Thanks for the reminder Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great place, well worth a visit.

      Delete
  16. Looks like a grand day out. I love the hellebores. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those bees! 🐝. It sounds like a lovely day out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a place worth visiting. x

      Delete
  18. Oh I love butterfly conservatories. So fun to watch them flit around. Nice to have some flowers popping up. Thanks for sharing.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea isn't it although when I went in last time my camera lens kept misting up!

      Delete
  19. The hellebores are goregeous colours and I love the idea of putting colourful metal flowers into the beds in Winter - it's a real gift to make a garden look great at this time of the year. Thank you for the lovely tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It amazes me how many types of hellebore there are. Glad you enjoyed it. 😊

      Delete