Monday, 2 January 2017

Leftovers

Hello

Lovely to see you.

Christmas and New Years Eve are in the past now as we head into 2017.  Doesn't that sound odd!  Good job the days of writing cheques are practically over as it was always a job to remember the change of year for a day or so!

It just remains to put away the decorations for another year, send off those thank you letters and finish up the celebration leftovers.

One thing that has disappeared already is our ice cream mountain.  I've been asked to put a photo on the blog to show the inside, so here goes.




You could, of course, cover it with a chocolate sauce if you felt rather extravagant. Here's the recipe.

All the green leaves fell off our poinsettia when it arrived home from the shop but I can just see baby leaves regrowing.  How wonderful! Those daffs will be on their way again soon.

I hope you had a good holiday and are refreshed for the next chapter.

Cheerioooo!

8 comments:

  1. That ice cream looks yummy. We have one more big meal to go and then onto January spring clean. Looking forward to some spring colour but it's very cold here at the moment. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, can't wait for the Spring flowers to shine out. It's a bit up and down weatherwise here. I wonder if we'll get any snow? x

      Delete
  2. The ice cream really does look amazing but I am so full I feel that I won't be able to partake in anymore luxury food for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too although we'll have to eat what's left first. I parcelled up some bits and bobs for the children when they went home which will last them til Easter probably!

      Delete
  3. Leftover soft fruit and cake have made a trifle today. Your ice cream moutain looks wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, trifles are so yummy, I haven't had one for ages. ๐Ÿ™‚

      Delete
  4. I write very few cheques these days and remember having to change the year often in January. The ice cream looks like a healthy mountain of goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure healthy is the right word! Does taste good though.๐Ÿ™‚

      Delete