Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Crochet On the Go

Hello

Thanks for popping in.

Over the festive period, two exciting things happened!  I received a big bag of wool and some sparkly crochet hooks from Mr. CK and one of our visitors asked to buy my rainbow square blanket.  I was thrilled to bits on both accounts.

My Winter Wreath is coming along slowly with me unable to get the polystyrene circle needed.  I have had to compromise with a smaller one but hopefully that will save me a bit of time!  As always, Lucy at Attic24 is my inspiration.


Cracking on with a new blanket to replace the one that has flown the nest, I thought I'd make a stripy one, mixing the stitches for a different variation -  two rows each of granny, trebles, ripples and waves.  I'm not quite halfway yet but it's great to have something cosy on your knee now it's quite cold.


This pretty cup and saucer was a great present to grow parsley in.


Look how closely it matches my wool!


So, with snow on the cards, I've plenty to keep me busy and entertained at home.

Have a brilliant day.

Cheerio

12 comments:

  1. Your blanket looks gorgeous - love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy. Love your new blanket. I need to start another crochet project soon. Well done on selling your other blanket. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. You always make such beautiful things. x

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the sale of your blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to seeing the wreath completed. Last year I purchased hooks and wool but haven't picked up the art of crocheting yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have a go, It's great fun ans addictive! 🙂

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the sale! Will look forward to seeing the finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your new blanket making! How lovely that someone wanted to buy one of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing isn't it! I would never have thought it at all. X

      Delete