Wednesday, 14 December 2016

Yarn Use

Hello

Thanks for visiting.

Is it me or is Santa looking a tad spooky?  I've enjoyed getting the woolly decorations out again.  My Mum made these when the children were small.  Aren't they fun!




 They must have come from a Jean Greenhowe book, they are her style but it's not the one below.

  

This one is dated 1991 and also has many exciting knitting patterns to try out.


I made Miss CK a Cinderella doll from the book many moons ago.  They are clever, aren't they, as the two dolls are made in one piece with the other head hidden under the skirt! Flip the skirt over and voila, Cinderella shall stay in the kitchen and clear up the mess!



I expect you are admiring the blanket underneath which was made for me by a very kind group of ladies when my father sadly passed away almost three years ago.  Such a thoughtful gift.


Here's my latest wip.  I'm experimenting with interlocking crochet and have found this makes a very sturdy piece of work and if you use the same colour every other row, you end up with stripes.  Jolly isn't it.

Cheerio

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful makes bringing back lots of lovely memories from Christmas's past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. It's just lovely getting them out of the box again, isn't it.

      Delete
  2. Love the Cinderella doll, how clever but quite tricky. That interlocking crochet looks good. I'm on my final pair of socks before Christmas. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You a doing a great job with your socks. I must have a go, although I'm not so good making things that have to fit at the end! x

      Delete
  3. Yes, they are from a Jean Greenhowe knitting book. I made the same ones, which my daughter now has and puts on her tree every year. I think there was an elf too, although I didn't make that. There were some lovely makes which were quite easy to do.

    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her things look so beautiful and easy to make. You feel you could have a go even if you aren't a knitter.

      Delete
  4. There used to be a pattern floating around for knitted little people that were so sweet. Your santa and snowman remind me of them.
    Love the colours in the crocheted project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There must be lots of festive patterns out there, they are quite irresistible.

      Delete
  5. Love the little Santa and Snowman and the Cinderella doll is wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These small knitted items are great fun to make and don't take very long at all.

      Delete