Friday, 16 December 2016

Five on Friday - Christmas Again!

Hello

Welcome to the blog for Five on Friday supplied by lovely Amy at Love Made My Home.  Thanks to everyone for all the messages you leave me, I do answer them but sometimes it takes a few days!  They are so appreciated.

Have you had a good week?  Hope so.  It's still nearly Christmas so here's another five jolly things to keep you in the festive mood.

One - Garden Centre

Our Christmas tree came from the local Garden Centre, which also is lucky enough to have a visit from Santa.  His grotto is inside the building and I'm just not sure how he's going to get through the door (they don't have a chimney).



Rudolf dropped him off and has spotted a rather nice tree to take home later.



Two - Card Hangers

Aren't these little pegs cute!  They're all ready to hang up the cards to stop them falling down behind the back of the cupboard.


Three - Wreath

The Christmas wreath I made last year is hanging up again.  I used Lucy from Attic24's pattern.


Four - Advent Calendars

Mr CK kindly bought me an Advent Calendar, no chocolate of course, they are the best kind and I have really enjoyed opening the doors each morning.  I know, I'm just a big kid at heart (not a goat).  However, Waitrose also sent me one and each day I find out if there are any bargains to be had, last posting days and such like.


Five - Ducks

One Christmas, Mr CK bought me two wooden ducks. Mr and Mrs Duck!


A couple of years later Miss CK spotted this duck to add to the collection. What a great idea!


A couple of temporary duck substitutes were acquired for the two younger CK ducklings to be replaced by these a year or so later.


Ahhh! Happy days. Look, they have their Christmas bows on.



Have a good week.

Bye for now.

32 comments:

  1. A lovely post Karen. Love the ducks and those pretty card holders. B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What jolly happy post Karen. Love the colour choices in your crocheted wreath too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selma, Lucy is so good at choosing colours, isn't she. x

      Delete
  3. What lovely things. I like your flotilla of ducks. And I adore that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. It's quite a straightforward make but so colourful.

      Delete
  4. Your wreath is so cheerful. And i love the ducks. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good old stylecraft wool, so many cheerful colours. x

      Delete
  5. Fun post. Love the ducks and your crochet wreath. Santa has been taking vitamins! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that what it is! Thanks for your message have a great week.

      Delete
  6. Lovely pictures. Your wreath looks lovely - looks like a lot of work!

    Happy Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderfully festive! I love your crochet wreath and the duck family in their bows:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always look at these ducks whenever I see them, but have never got one. Love yours, they look right at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few already dressed for Christmas in our local shop,

      Delete
  9. I adore your wooden ducks decked out with festive bows, and I like the handmade wreath too - quite unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith. Lucy has made lots of different seasonal wreaths, they are great fun to make especially as the leaves and flowers don't take very long.

      Delete
  10. Christmas Ducks? A unique idea. Be careful or they will add to it so many you will be swimming in ducks before long! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! They really should be geese, shouldn't they. Merry Christmas to you too.

      Delete
  11. I love the idea of the pegs, something I will definitely make for another year. I love your wreath a great make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look so much better than paper clips and the cards stay up really well.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for the festive glimpses of your garden center, and letting us see the beautiful wreath you made and the card holders, and your sweet family of ducks! I hope this last week of Advent is surprisingly good for you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gracie, it's such a lovely time of the year. Hope you have fun too.

      Delete
  13. The Christmas duck family, what a great idea. You can never have too many advent calendars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true, they are such fun aren't they.

      Delete
  14. Love the idea of the Advent calendar from the grocery store. The duck family has grown, as ducks will do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good idea for them as you think of the store every day, very tempting to dash off to buy something else!

      Delete
  15. Glad you are enjoying your advent calendars. The duck family are just too cute! They look great under the tree. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, hope all is going along nicely with you. x

      Delete
  16. Cute card holder idea. Those would be a good Christmas gift idea for next year! I love Advent Calendars. Nice that it doesn't contain chocolate, as we all get enough of that this time of year! But it reminded me, I bought one (with chocolate) for all five of my nieces and nephews and I haven't heard if they've been enjoying them or not! Cute duck family. Merry Christmas!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they will have loved your gift, sometimes they get so carried away with all the exciting things that are happening that they think they've already thanked you.

      Delete