Saturday, 17 December 2016

A Soggy Day at the Park

Hello

Thanks for calling in.

Five coaches packed with schoolchildren pulled up at the Park by the Shops at the same time as me.  No doubt they were excited to be seeing Cinderella in the Theatre.  I was excited to be in the fresh air taking in all the nature on a soggy day.  Around the Arts Centre you could see that Cinderella was on their minds.  Nice little touches here and there.




Here's another of Andrew Hawkins' paintings as you liked the other one so much!


Outside, the mistletoe was ripe for the picking, but how to get all the way up there?


The damp bark of the trees took on animal shapes - look at this elephant!




Bare branches are everywhere now, so we can peep through the woody wall.


By the lake, the gunnera look like dying swans from Swan Lake.


I wonder if the Fairy Godmother turned up?  It just wouldn't be the same without her.

Cheerio

6 comments:

  1. Bet those children loved Cinderella. I think we have Jack and the beanstalk in this corner of the world. Have a cosy weekend. B X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had a good write up in the paper. There aren't any celebrities in it but they usually put on a good show. It's all foggy here this morning, I could do with some of your clear skies and a beautiful sunset. x

      Delete
  2. I think our local panto is Cinderella too. I bet the bus loads of children had a great time:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just imagine them calling out in terrifically loud voices!

      Delete
  3. I'm sure the children loved Cinderella as I still do, too! The photos you shared are fascinating. Have a festive weekend, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. Cinderella is such a great story and appears in many films under a different name. Hope you have a good Christmas.x

      Delete