Friday, 25 November 2016

What's in the Bag?

Hello

Thanks for calling in.

You've just caught me, I've just got back from the shops.  Would you like to see what I bought?


I couldn't resist picking up a few of these pretty leaves whooshed down in the wind.  Passing the park, in the cold and wet, an exercise class was hard at it on the grass again. They must be keen.


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, time to write a few cards for overseas.  I liked the look of these woolly stockings. My fairlisle knitting gets too tight, there wouldn't be enough room for the presents!


I'm collecting a few food items ready to make the ice cream mountain. Yum!


This pretty tissue paper was irresistible!


Last year I forgot to get a few chocolate baubles for the tree, so these were snapped up in case I do it again.


Here's a pretty festive scarf which will make a nice change.


A quick visit to the library resulted in a few leaflets on activities nearby. It seems a public consultation is being held with regards to the use of libraries in the area.  Here's a link to the consultation process, let's hope we don't lose our library.


Walking back from the shops, this colourful sign caught my eye.


It's all a bit gloomy weather-wise so all this pre Christmas cheer was very welcome.



Lovely to see you.

Bye for now

8 comments:

  1. We're getting ready to head out to do some Christmas shopping. I hope the stores aren't extremely crowded this year! I love you back-drop :)

    I hope you can stop by and consider joining in the 2017 PenPal sign-ups:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/11/tea-time-penpals-and-snow-112516.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for calling in Colletta, I hope your shopping trip was successful. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. You found some lovely bright and cheerful things to carry home in your bag:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a spur of the moment but successful tootle round the village!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They had a few I was tempted by but ended up with the crimson one. x

      Delete
  4. I love the scarf Karen so festive. I must look for something similar to go with my Christmas jumper event that I am organising in work. I hope your library isn't lost, we love our local one too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds fun, I expect it will be really colourful with all the jumpers on show. X

      Delete