Thursday, 24 November 2016

Potatoes Part II

Hello

Thanks for visiting, always great to have you along.

Since my last potato post, I expect you have been waiting with bated breath to see the produce of the second compost bag that had a potato planted in it in the Spring. I know I have!



A teeny bit disappointing on numbers but still a few meals' worth.  I've included the very last of the peppers for a bit of added glamour and those little green things at the other end of the line are actually potato apples that are produced on the stem near the leaves of the potato plant.  These are highly poisonous and should not be eaten as potatoes are related to deadly nightshade so after the photo they were placed in the refuse bin.

Cheerio

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous. I have been waiting with bated breath ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, you'd have to get rid of the little green ones. At least you can get a meal or two from what is left:)

    ReplyDelete