Friday, 14 October 2016

Five on Friday - Time Travel

Hello

Thanks so much for calling in, especially as it's Five on Friday. All the links to other blogs are listed on Amy's Love Made My Home blog, do have a look if you can.

It's interesting isn't it when you look at photos and sometimes see what is not in the photo but what was happening at the time while it was taken.  You are whisked back to another time and place.  The same thing happens with various objects about the house, perhaps things that have been given to you by someone dear or have been inherited.  Maybe even, they remind you of a brilliant holiday or previous house.  Here are five things that make me travel in space and time.

One- Banjo Kazooie on the N64



Seeing this game again takes me back to when we got our first interactive game machine, it was all so new and amazing seeing the excitement of our young children. Such happy days as we all laughed together and tried to puzzle out how to play, joining in with the tunes and catchphrases, such fun.

Two- Jugs

My jug collection started when I was little.  Many were given as presents, others purchased as momentos. This jug reminds me of the summer fete near my Aunt's house. I noticed the jug in the tombola and thought I'd buy a ticket. Imagine my surprise when I actually won it!



This one conjures up the wild green and rocky landscape of Tintagel in Cornwall, steeped in myths and legends, which is said to be the birthplace of King Arthur of Camelot. That's actually a dragon on the side of the jug.



Four - Glove



This single glove reminds me of the hills of the Lake District about 38 years ago. When I lost my gloves, Mr CK bought me this pair as a surprise, we hadn't known each other very long then. The other glove also disappeared a long time ago but I've held on to this one.

Five - Picture


Finally I'm taken to Montmartre in Paris early in the morning, high up on the hill enjoying the beautiful view from the Basilica of the Sacré Coeur.

That's where I'll leave you today.

Have a great week.

Cheerio


30 comments:

  1. Oh the amazing Sacre Coeur! The view there is fantastic. I have a photo of me taken there on the steps when I was pretty and young: 25 years ago on my honeymoon :) Thank you for memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, how wonderful that is a great memory indeed. It is a beautiful spot.

      Delete
  2. I have lots of memories connected to the things around me. I adore your dragon jug. I collect dragons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rather crazy isn't it, outrageous even! You will have to take a photo of them for us.

      Delete
  3. Just love that you have kept the glove, that is special. i too collect, well that's a strong term, but have a weakness for jugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something about the shape, isn't there!

      Delete
  4. Memories are everywhere, aren't they? I love that you held on to that glove. How sweet! I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/10/tea-time-dapper-man-and-his-girls-101416.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit behind today but I will be popping in soon.

      Delete
  5. The memory is a powerful thing. Love your sweet painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My memory isn't as good as it used to be! Thanks

      Delete
  6. It's wonderful his treasured objects can bring back special memories. Your jugs are beautiful especially the Tintagel one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to take a photo of them all one day!

      Delete
  7. I keep thinking I need to downsize, but like you, my "stuff" is precious and brings me happiness. Guess my kids will just have to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can get a bit out of hand, can't it! I've just helped my mother downsize, amazing what we found at the back of the cupboard!

      Delete
  8. I believe we are all the same in this as we hold on to sentimental bits and pieces. They are the little things that bring joy!
    Lovely pieces and memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine glad you could drop by.

      Delete
  9. We too have lots of games from a bygone age. Love the jugs...you can never have too many. Have a lovely weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Mr CK will have to rig up the N64 again and have another go, I for one will have totally forgotten how to play!

      Delete
  10. Wonderful memories and you're so right about how things can bring them back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like you, most of what I have collected around me reminds me of dear times, places and people... and I too especially appreciate that you keep the one glove :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to take time to remember the good times isn't it.

      Delete
  12. Collecting things that hold personal meaning makes them all the more valuable - not in monetary amounts, but in memory. Your jugs are so pretty, and how sweet is that one glove. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble is you end up with so many things and nowhere to put them! Have a good week.

      Delete
  13. It is nice to reminisce when looking at old photos, the stories that come to mind... You have collected some unique jugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have so many photos! They need a good sorting out.

      Delete
  14. Wonderful, thoughtful post. Enjoyed seeing some of your jug collection. Memories -- keep the sweet ones! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Enjoy your week too. :-)

      Delete