Friday, 16 September 2016

Five on Friday Down at the Farm

Hello

I  hope you've had a great week.  Here were are again for Five on Friday with Amy at Love Made My Home. I know there will be all sorts to catch up on if you follow the link.

I'm down at the local pick-your-own fruit and vegetable farm again, I only buy a small amount each time I go so that we eat things as fresh as possible.

One

A couple of posts ago, I featured the farmer churning up the land and now he's covered it with bright blue plastic which goes so well with the sky.


Messing about with the editing tools, we can easily go back in time.


Or even go slightly crazy.


Two

All round the farm you can see evidence of the irrigation system keeping all the plants going especially in this boiling weather.  The pipes look a bit like arty installations.


Underneath the strips of plastic is another part of the irrigation, all installed ready for the plants to be planted in the Spring.  The plastic kills off the weeds by keeping out the light.



This notice was displayed to show what's happening and I for one am delighted that the farm is going to be around for very many years to come.


Three

Round the edges of the produce, it's great to see the trees and all the acorns on the oaks as it's that time of year again.




Four

Inside the farm shop there's a tempting display.







Five

Here are some raspberries, well I just can't resist them. Now which one shall I pick?
It's no good, I'll have to pick them all! Ha ha


I hope you have a good weekend and thank you kindly for popping by to say hello.

Cheerio

28 comments:

  1. Fascinating to see the way the farm is irrigated. The produce looks wonderful, did you enjoy the raspberries?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thank you. I didn't realise they buried the pipes, no wonder the strawberries are so tasty! :-)

      Delete
  2. I loved your field manipulated photos! The squirrels have a lot to eat! Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riitta. Don't usually see any squirrels when I'm there, they are probably hiding till I've gone!

      Delete
  3. Oh I absolutely love pick your own and farm shops, I spend/waste loads of time in our local one. I love your pictures and would have had to pick all the raspberries too! Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Glad you are safely home again. The farm is a lovely place to be. x

      Delete
  4. What a great glimpse 'behind the scenes' at the farm.Who knew they buried pipes to supply water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know what you're going to find at the farm!

      Delete
  5. A fascinating post to realise what goes on to bring us the lovely fruit and vegetables than these places produce. Those raspberries look so mouth-wateringly tasty. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, hope you aren't fed up with my farm posts.

      Delete
  6. Nice photoexperiment!
    It's always the best to eat fresh friuts and vegetables of own area (wish, we could reach such place without a car!)
    I have delicious raspberries in my garden, but it is to dry...
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you can pop and get a raspberry when you feel like it if it's in your garden. Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  7. Great post! It's lovely to see local farms and to support them by buying their produce. I love knowing where my food is coming from and the people who produced it.

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Nice to see you're back!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful produce and so delicious when it is so fresh. The acorns look perfect and almost unreal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so delicious it makes it feel it's doing you good.

      Delete
  9. I have a deep love of acorns and your photo made my heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An enjoyable, entertaining post seeing what's new happening at the farm, your photo editing art and all the lovely fresh fruit and veg available. It's good to see that positive sign stating that pick your own will continue in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite relieved to see the sign, I must say as I keep thinking this could be the last year. Hope all's well.

      Delete
  11. You are so lucky to have that farm so nearby. The plastic reminds me of all our fields in early spring when they are covered in plastic to protect the potatoes. Have a good weeken. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Jersey potatoes are famous! Hope you're enjoying yourself. x

      Delete
  12. What a great glimpse of the work that goes into making a farm. There's nothing like farm fresh produce. Those raspberries do look tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so tasty and every week there are more and more, we've had some lovely sunny weather.

      Delete
  13. The last few weeks a friend and I have gone to a park that has some huge oak trees. We have had fun collecting acorns of many shades of color...even black. Enjoy your raspberries :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely, I can't resist the shiny conkers but never know what to do with them afterwards.

      Delete
  14. Yes, I enjoyed your five. Loved the irrigation pics and found everything very interesting.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete