Thursday, 29 September 2016

Cotehele Hanging Garland

Hello

Thanks for calling in.

Our National Trust magazine cascaded through the letterbox with a thud yesterday and if you don't get one or didn't notice the feature on the spectacular Cotehele garland, here's the article just in case you fancy making one for Christmas yourself.  Do have a look - there's even a short video with festive music!

National Trust photo
Cotehele is a beautiful Tudor house now owned by the National Trust not far from Saltash. We visited when we were on holiday in Plymouth a few years ago.  Right up on the hill, the views would have been fantastic if it hadn't been so misty.  We could only just make out the bridge over the River Tamar below.  You can also visit the Mill on the Quay by the stream.







I expect the garland will look beautiful once all those gorgeous flowers are installed.

Cheerio




10 comments:

  1. We haven't received ours yet. I look forward to reading the article. We haven't travelled to to cotehele yet but judging by your lovely photos it looks worth a visit B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gardens were beautiful and the daffs had just gone over, it must look stunning in the Spring. x

      Delete
  2. The Christmas garland is stunning, what a beautiful sight. A lovely place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the colours. They must get such achey arms putting in the flowers!

      Delete
  3. Our magazine came yesterday too but I haven't had chance to look inside it yet. I've seen the garland on a tv programme and it looks amazing. We visited a few years ago too and went in the house as well as the mill, we had been to Morwellham Quay across the Tamar the day before:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so far away which is a pity as there's so much to see down that way especially at the NT. :-)

      Delete
  4. I have been meaning to go and see the Xmas garland every year, perhaps I will manage it this year. I would also like to go to Morwellham Quay, silly how I never seem to see things on my own doorstep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morwellham Quay is where they filmed the TV series isn't it, it's all so lovely there, you are lucky to be nearby.

      Delete
  5. Wow, that garland is pretty impressive (I clicked through for a peek) must be pretty heavy too! My nan always grew strawflowers and statice for drying, she would have loved to see something like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks wonderful doesn't it, pity it's so far away, I'd love to have gone to see it.

      Delete