Friday, 19 August 2016

Rose Garden

Hello

Thanks for visiting.

The Savill Garden rose garden needs its own blog post as it is rather special.  Designed by Andrew Wilson of Wilson McWilliam Associates six years ago, it offers the visitor a sea of roses to explore with narrow paths in between and a walkway in the shape of a ship's prow above so that you can get a real appreciation of the wonderful sight around you. 2,500 roses grow in coordinated colour themes.










With plenty of places to sit and enjoy the colour and scent, this is a very special place.

You just can't get it all in a photo, maybe clicking on the picture and zooming in will be better although I'm afraid I can't offer a scratch and sniff service!

Right, time for a scone in the café.



Cheerio

18 comments:

  1. I'm sure I can smell the roses from here. Glorious! B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I saw this on gardeners world and thought it looked fab. How great to have visited xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was on Gardeners World, good old Monty Don I do enjoy the programme. The photos don't do it justice. x

      Delete
  3. That looks like heaven. Think I can smell those roses too! So many of them all in one place. I'm glad you shared them with us.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many blooms on each plant too, all a bit Alice in Wonderland! x

      Delete
  4. How beautiful, looks a wonderful garden:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. No yellow ones for you this time though. x

      Delete
  6. Looks amazing, I do wish I could smell them. An amazing garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just the right time of year to visit to enjoy the roses.

      Delete
  7. This looks like an amazing place to visit and sit among all the lovely roses. And, the scone looks yummy, too. Thank you for sharing another fabulous place! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, such a lovely time of year for flowers isn't it.

      Delete
  8. I just love roses ...
    I'm sure the scent was heavenly

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many beautiful coloured roses all in one place!

      Delete
  9. The rose garden must be a joy to visit. I like the idea of the walkway so that you can appreciate the roses from above as well as at ground level. Hope you have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does give you a different view but you can't beat looking at each rose close up!

      Delete