Sunday, 26 June 2016

West Green

Hello

We're having a wonderful family time at the moment which is happily distracting me from the blog, for which I apologise. Normal service will resume shortly! Well, as normal as it normally is!  In the meantime, I couldn't resist taking a few more photos at West Green when we popped back after all the rain, hoping to see the peonies. However, they were a big soggy mess but fortunately there were plenty of other more resilient plants to entertain us. Note to self - go back next June to catch the peonies!

Blue passion flowers

Stripy amaryllius

Lacey hydrangea

Roses

Wild orchids

Tiered primulas in orange and pink

Lilies

Roses

And more roses

Aliums gone space age

Chickens

There be dragons

Grassy lawns
You can see why I couldn't resist.

Bye for now

8 comments:

  1. This is making me so excited for my hydrangeas and Passion flowers, they are not out yet! Lovely pictures xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many beautiful flowers to enjoy despite the soggy peonies. Passion flowers always amaze me with their intricate design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's all sorts of symbolism to do with passion flowers too isn't there. We're so lucky to have so many different plants to enjoy.

      Delete
  3. Ditto on the lovely family time, it's a lovely if soggy time of the year!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting a bit better thank goodness, though I'm not at Glastonbury fortunately.x

      Delete