Thursday, 30 June 2016

Flying High

Hello

Have you ever wondered how to celebrate your anniversary? A nice meal? A trip to the theatre?  Next time how about a spot of indoor skydiving!

Watching the participants suspended in the wind tunnel (imagine one that could be used for testing the aerodynamics of an F1 racing car turned sideways) as they tried to steady themselves in the air column created by the fan, was great fun.  The tunnel is 20m high - maximum flying height is 11.9m.  All you have to do is lean forward and your legs are lifted up to put you into the horizontal flying position.







Protected by flying suits, helmets and goggles, the flyers await their turn with an instructor but can watch others having a go to get some tips or the instructors' display as they speed around with ease.

The first go gives you an idea of the basics and a second turn allows more time to learn how to move up and down, spin or even to be whooshed to the top of the tunnel with the instructor holding on.

Great fun to watch! Ha ha!

Airkix also have facilities to learn how to ski, brush board and climb and have facilities in Manchester, Milton Keynes and Basingstoke in the UK.





I'm sure you will be keen to give it a try!

Cheerio

11 comments:

  1. Funny enough we have an anniversary fast approaching but I don't think I could. I could maybe get the girls to do it and be entertained by their antics ha! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny enough we have an anniversary fast approaching but I don't think I could. I could maybe get the girls to do it and be entertained by their antics ha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just what we did and I'd recommend it. x

      Delete
  3. Ooh, did you have a go, Karen? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but it was great fun to watch. Ha ha x

      Delete
  4. Oh, what fun! Happy Anniversary! x K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that you up there Karen?!! Weeeeeeeeee.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was that you! Not sure that I would be brave enough, but I am sure it is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither am I, everyone seemed happy though, even at the end!

      Delete