Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Tidying Up

Hello

Bank Holidays with sunshine are too good to miss when thinking about making an impact on a garden that tries it's best to cut out the light. You turn your back and whoosh there are branches everywhere.

Our neighbour had a couple of trees trimmed back, so I launched in with a bit of judicious pruning, mainly on holly trees, and it's surprising what a difference it's made.

You can actually tell this year that there are two different colour rhododendrons as previously there's been a purpleness going on.



Things are flowering that weren't before.


I've kept it much the same round this foxhole not to inconvenience them too much.




I've got to sort out the tiny pond next. Three quarters of the water has disappeared. Has the liner got a hole near the top or is something drinking it? I wouldn't drink it! It's empty now, really it's in the wrong place as it's under the trees.

There's always something to do in the garden, even one that mainly looks after itself. It's also nice to have a vase of offcuts at the end too.



Have fun.

Cheerio

7 comments:

  1. It's amazing how a garden changes when trees are trimmed back and the light gets in. I love the colour of your clematis:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It matches the rhodies at the moment! :-)

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous rhododendrons! You're right about cutting things back in the garden. I did a lot of serious pruning last summer and autumn, and as a result we have more space so far this summer.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have done that, maybe this year I'll get to grips with it all this autumn. x

      Delete
    2. I should have done that, maybe this year I'll get to grips with it all this autumn. x

      Delete
  3. Loving all your purpleness! I'm taking it you don't want me round in December for a bit of holly for the table then?!!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be able to offer a shrivelled up piece by then as the secateurs have been going like the clappers! x

      Delete