Thursday, 5 May 2016

Art at the Park

Hello

It's always worth a look inside the Arts Centre to see what's happening.

The Naturally Speaking exhibition in the Garden Room looks more established now and I rather liked this painting by Chris Holley, part of the Kan Kan Group, inspired by the poem Bird by Myra Schneider which was, in its turn, inspired by a sculpture by Barbara Hepworth!


In the Tall Gallery, this rather unusual sculpture by Jan Niedojadlo is a forerunner to the Park's forthcoming shows - The Tempest and Peter Pan - and invites the viewer to sit inside the object which is made from recycled material and to experience it with different senses including sight, sound and smell . . . it was the thought of the smell that put me off getting inside!




The café has had another change with its display of prints.



Enjoy your day.

Bye for now.

6 comments:

  1. I like the bird paiting. I wonderful what the smell would have been in the boat like object? Perhaps salty sea air? I hope you treated yourself to a coffee in the cafe:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hesitate to think, perhaps I'll have to be brave next time and see! No I didn't grab a coffee today, tempting though!

      Delete
  2. Always good to have a look around with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks interesting - I had to google it to see where in the UK we were. Is it clever photography or did you have the whole place to yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people gravitate to the café so there's often nobody around. x

      Delete