Saturday, 30 April 2016

Tate Modern

Hello

How are you?

Thanks very much for visiting the blog and for your kind messages.

I spent the afternoon in London recently, there's always so much to see! I always prefer walking around rather than going by tube or bus but the feet were beginning to ache, the shoes to rub, did I really want to walk to Tate Modern to see the rest of Emily Young's stone sculptures? I had already walked from Paddington, through Hyde Park and Green Park, through St James and Horse Guards Parade and over Waterloo Bridge. However, the top of the Tate building was just peeking over the top of the others around it, practically waving at me. It didn't look too far. Let's go for it. Hobble, hobble!!

I've been to Tate Modern lots of times over the years, there's been a lot of building work round the back for many years, there still is but the new extension is looking nearly done. Isn't it enormous! It's opening on 17th June this year and will provide 60% more space for further exhibitions and will be able to cope with the increased visitor numbers.  There's going to be an excellent view from the top.




The extension is the part to the right.


Click the photo to zoom in on the bricks.


There are some swish apartments at the back of Tate Modern with gardens and shops. Emily Young's sculptures were positioned here.
I didn't have time to go in to see the paintings this time but must visit again to see what the new exhibitions look like after the opening.

Enjoy your weekend.

Cheerio

1 comment:

  1. It sounds very interesting I've yet to visit it. I've tagged you on my blog for the Leibster award xx

    ReplyDelete