Monday, 18 April 2016

Mosaic Monday Bluebells

Hello


We're off on another local walk for Mosaic Monday and you might notice I've found the PicCollage App to make the mosaic for you today. I'm glad finally to be able to put the photos where I want them and to be able to adjust the size of the photo within the frame, I don't know why I haven't done this before!

Anyway, back to the walk in the sun looking for bluebells!



The first delight along the road was the copper beech in the sun slowly unfurling its leaves.


We are following a well made and well used path and despite having to follow round a newly installed fence blocking our way to be able to access the next path, here are some of the sights on the way.




Back on the footpath after our detour, it takes us over the railway track.



Once over the other side, we enter a woodland park looked after by the Council with wildlife in mind.  It used to be the site of a Manor House, long since demolished. Some of the trees would have been planted in the garden and are not native species but more ornamental. A number of trees have fallen and have been left for the wildlife to enjoy. Pretty woodland wildflowers are in full bloom.

Bluebells stretch up all over in the pools of sunlight.






Back over the tracks again, we follow the path on the other side of the golf course and find these. Whatever are they?


It's getting more heathy now as we follow the pylons up the hill.



A couple more flower encrusted footpaths later and we're home again ready for a cup of tea.

Shall I put the kettle on? Won't you join us while you have a look at all the other links on Judith's Mosaic Monday blog post.

Thanks so much for joining us.

Cheerio

20 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely, sunny walk. The bluebells look wonderful. There are not quite ready up here but it won't be long now and I can't wait to see them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have to fit in with the trees and flower before the leaves open. I look forward to seeing them on your blog. :-)

      Delete
  2. The bluebells are fabulous. I love blue flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue colouring is quite unusual for a flower but they look great en masse. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hello, what a lovely spot for a walk. The flowers are gorgeous. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, it is very pretty here at the moment particularly when the sun shines. You too! :-)

      Delete
  4. I have my tea. Your post is a beautiful one to peruse! Thank you! Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy, I hope all is well with you. :-)

      Delete
  5. We were in Texas just before the bluebonnets were in bloom. I'd love to see a field of bluebonnets someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to look those up on Google but aren't they spectacular especially colouring an entire field. :-)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful views especially of the bluebells!

    Donna@GardensEyeView
    and LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely walk and great photos too. I think there's something magical about bluebells, and it's such a treat to come across them. Hope you enjoyed your cup of tea.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just the right colour to match your door! Spring is just wonderful. x

      Delete
  8. I love a walk amongst trees and flowers, yours was delightful.
    Those things you saw on the ground at the golf course are soil plugs, pulled out by a machine to aerate the soil from compaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith, that solves that mystery. I could do with a small version of one of those machines at home. :-)

      Delete
  9. The Bluebells are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bluebells are lovely here this year, too. I have seen photos of bluebell woods in England - I'd love to walk through one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I visited one recently and have put a few photos on the blog!

      Delete
  11. I can't resist taking more and more photos!

    ReplyDelete