Wednesday, 2 March 2016

The New Downton Abbey

Hello

Are you missing Downton Abbey? Well, according to my new Radio Times, a replacement is on its way on Sunday in the UK.


Julian Fellows, creator, executive producer and writer of Downton, has adapted Anthony Trollope's Dr. Thorne for a three part series for ITV with Tom Hollander as the eponymous Dr. Thorne.

A couple of the filming locations are listed as National Trust property Tyntesfield


and Castle Combe in Wiltshire


Looks like another feast for the eyes!

Cheerio

6 comments:

  1. I'm owning up to never watching Downton!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day it will catch up with you!! x

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to it. Tyntesfield was beautiful when I visited a few years ago :) B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all covered in scaffolding when we went. Must go back! x

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to this! The last adaptation of an Anthony Trollop novel I saw was 'The Way we Live Now' which was excellent. I have been filling in the hole that Downton left with Dickensian and War and Peace:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the first episode of Dickensian but didn't go any further with it. Hopefully Dr Thorne will be good. :-)

      Delete