Monday, 15 February 2016

Mosaic Monday - Woolly Jumper

Hello

Many thanks for visiting. Thank you  Judith for linking up all us Mosaic Monday participants, do have a look at all the other blogs around the globe.


We are in the need of a woolly jumper here at the moment with the temperatures dipping again. Whilst walking around the local area, the sheep certainly look warm with their thick fleeces. I was on the look out for lambs but there were none in sight, probably won't be long though.

Many years ago, I had a go at spinning my own wool from a fleece, carding it first.



My wool turned out rather uneven and bobbly. I should have persevered but along came the children, the spinning wheel became an ornament, an attraction for the children and their friends who whizzed it round and round.

One day I'll take it up again. I think I would enjoy having some uneven and bobbly wool these days.

Have a great week.

24 comments:

  1. Spinning has always fascinated me, but even more so, those pretty hills dotted with sheep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They bring the countryside to life don't they :-)

      Delete
  2. Hello, it is super cold here too. I love the mosaic with the sheep, they are so cute. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, have a great week too. x

      Delete
  3. The chubby sheep look so sweet dotting the hillside. I have a spinning wheel too, but have never tried spinning. Your knubby wool looks very rustic and cozy :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to have a go. It's a bit messy I found, especially the carding! :-)

      Delete
  4. I love the hillsides dotted with sheep! I have been learning how to spin using drop spindles :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good and much more portable too. x

      Delete
  5. It's a peaceful sight when you see sheep meandering grassy hills. We have a huge sheep farm not far from where I live and I make a point of driving down the country road beside it to see them.
    When you have more time to work with wool, I'm sure you'll perfect this craft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love wool spun on a wheel, and hand dyed...the talents of some folks like you are a amazing!


    Donna@GardensEyeView
    and LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you just need to get the hang of it. x

      Delete
  7. I love to see sheep roaming the fields, anytime now we will have lambs joining them and then Spring will surely be on its way. Keep warm xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be great, too chilly today. x

      Delete
  8. It would be wonderful to see your spinning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely - it won't be long before the little lambs appear. I love to watch people using a spinning wheel:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to get a photo when they appear. :-)

      Delete
  10. It's jolly cold here too, but wonderfully sunny. How lovely to have a spinning wheel, and handspun, bobbly wool is very appealing. I have never tried a spinning wheel, but did have a go at using a drop-spindle which I found tricky, but plan to have another go at one day. I love your sheep photos too.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. I'm sure it's just the case of getting the knack and then you wouldn't be able to get the bobbly bits ever again even if you wanted to! x

      Delete
  11. No lambkins here either yet, and I had a jolly good look yesterday as we drove past plenty of sheep, Sleeping Beauty! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I find such a peacefulness when I see Sheep, and the shares are of such sweet gentleness~

    ReplyDelete