Wednesday, 3 February 2016

A New Pair of Eyes

Hello

Thanks for visiting and for all your kind messages.

I have just completed a year of blogging! Fancy that! It's gone by in a flash.

I started because I wanted to give a little bit of home to my family and friends dotted around the world, a place where they could dip in and out, see what the weather was doing over here, how the garden was changing through the seasons and what was going on in a small everyday sort of way.  I also wanted to record places I had visited that I thought others might enjoy visiting, if not in person then virtually because there are some wonderful places around and sometimes people are in a fearful rush they just can't see them.

Unexpectedly, I have been given a new pair of eyes similar to when you have a baby and are totally transported forever to see the world differently through their eyes. I now keep an eye out for a good shot, a colourful something that might brighten your day, the story behind an ordinary place.

I have also been thrilled that you have been able to join me, encourage, support and entertain me with your splendid messages - all you kind bloggy writers. You are just the best. Thank you.

Eye by Howard Hodgkin

16 comments:

  1. Happy Blogaversary!!!! Hope that you keep enjoying it. Here's to many more years of blogging! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I hope I'll find a few things to write about! x

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your first year of blogging, I'm glad you are still enjoying it and yes the process does make you look at things differently. Look forward to visiting you through your next year of blogging:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie, I'm glad you will still be calling in. :-)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your 1st year of blogging!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Wishing you another enjoyable year of blogging. I'm glad to have met you in this way and look forward to dropping by during this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, that's very kind of you. Look forward to seeing you! x

      Delete
  5. Oh congratulations lovely! You have reminded me it's my 1st blog birthday on Monday too. I started mine to keep in touch my daughter in uni. Your blog is fab! Here's to many more years xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. It's nice to keep in touch that way as they are always so busy. x

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your year of blogging. I have been blogging just over a year, and I agree, it certainly makes you see things through different eyes. Looking forward to your next year of blog posts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about new eyes. Blogging does make you more aware and looking out for the unusual. I've found its very addictive too. Love the community feel it gives. You are never alone. Here's to your next year! Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's lovely to know that someone is out there all the time, there's always something new to find out about. Thanks Barbara x

      Delete
  8. I understand totally what you are saying about new eyes. My husband thinks I do not 'live' in the moment any more as I am always looking. but my response is actually I am 'seeing' and appreciating life more, my eyes too have been opened since blogging. Happy bloggaversary to you Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selma, that's very true, the ordinary becomes the extra-ordinary! x

      Delete