Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Satsumas

Hello

Another Christmas treat - and a healthy one - is fruit, particularly oranges, satsumas, clementines, mandarins and tangerines.  I used to get some in my Christmas stocking when I was a child along with brazil nuts wrapped in foil and a piece of coal. Those were the days! I sound about 150 now, don't I!!

On a satsumary note, I've found this picture in my Art Fund magazine this quarter:



It is the Ultimate Edible Masterpiece of 2015 - a satsuma version of Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel fresco, The Creation of Adam made by Priley Riley. The public had been challenged to produce edible versions of their favourite works of art. One of the judges was Frances Quinn, last year's Great British Bake Off Winner. If you haven't already seen some of the other entries, here's the Art Fund website.

The Art Fund raises money to assist museums and galleries purchase important works of art and in the process gives their members free entry to many galleries and museums, some National Trust and English Heritage properties as well as 50% of major exhibitions.

Bye for now.

9 comments:

  1. That is a great image isn't it. I hope that you don't get coal in your stocking these days, just lovely things! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thanks I'll keep my fingers crossed! x

      Delete
  2. Ha! Great picture. My girls still get an orange in their stocking, it's all about keeping traditions xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'd never even considered satsuma art! How fab, but I think I'll stick to eating them :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to work for that masterpiece but not so good for others. :-)

      Delete
  4. How amazingly clever was the Artfund picture, totally superb. Satsumas smell of Christmas' past for me too. My children receive a Satsuma and nuts in their stockings as well. Love this post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness knows what made them think of doing it, it's crackers - no wait a minute it's satsumas! x

      Delete