Wednesday, 23 December 2015

Gingerbread House

Hello

Following on from my Five on Friday post on previous gingerbread houses, I've just finished this year's creation.

They always seem to make themselves, design-wise, when we don't have a special design prepared.

I cooked it all yesterday with the help from our son, who had the important job of smashing the boiled sweets with a rolling pin to make the stained glass windows. The real house smelt delicious while all the spiciness was cooking.




Putting it all together is a bit fiddly and usually involves a large quantity of mugs leaning against the walls until the chocolate glue sets.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take the mugs out when I put the roof on, so they are stuck inside till we eat it!





The roof is a bit too long and is a bit wonky where I was holding it all together but it's all decorated haphazardly with various sugary things now. So that's it for another year!




I have to say that the white writing icing by Dr Oetkar was particularly good this year and stuck really well compared to other icings I've used in the past.

Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!! The trapped mugs will be an incentive to eat it sooner! As if you need an incentive, I am sure that I can smell it from here, wonderful! Happy Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. Even now, it still makes the room smell Christmassy. Hope you had a good time, it's been a bit of a whirlwind but wonderful to see everyone. x

      Delete