Friday, 4 December 2015

Five on Friday - Getting Ready

Hello

Now that we've got Advent calendars to count down the days to Christmas, the time is just whizzing away. It's Friday, time for another five, thanks Amy for the Love Made My Home link up!

So thinking towards Christmas, what do we need?

One - Reindeer

You've got to have reindeer to pull Santa's sleigh. I spotted these last year at Covent Garden in London. I wonder if they are there again this year. Such a busy place, always loads of people, entertainers, shops and cafes.





Two - Three Kings

Where would we be without the Three Kings bringing their gifts from afar. Our three Kings had a great journey last year, will they get lost this year? We'll have to see.


Three - Mince Pies

I must admit I use a jar of Marks & Spencer mincemeat plus added cherries and almonds in my mince pies. It's good to warm them up and settle down with one once the tree has been decorated. Must get a tree.



Four - Delicious Food

Borough Market in London just overflows with tasty morsels. As well as the huge selection and buzzy atmosphere, they are providing festive performances as well. Their website gives the times. The market is 1,000 years old - imagine that!




Five -  Bucket


To put the tree in. Must get a tree.

Well that's all the preparations done. I'd better get on with writing the cards.

Can't wait to see all the cards from Amy's Christmas Card Swap.

Have a great week, thanks for visiting.

32 comments:

  1. Fab 5. As I looked at the reindeer, before I read what you had written I thought, ah, the same as last year in Covent garden, then I see it was from last year ;) love making mince pies, last year in our home we all had a mince pie bake off, it was a hoot. Love your bucket waiting to be filled with a tree. enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha making all the dresses, I haven't been able to get out much, good job I've got last years photos!! Have fun x

      Delete
  2. Great five, the reindeer is really something isn't it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely festive five, I had my first mince pie today - yours look delicious. Yes, you must get a tree, the bucket looks lonely!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got one now, it's just settling! :-)

      Delete
  4. Your mince pies look delicious, I have made the mincemeat but not made any actual pies yet. The reindeer are certainly amazing, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, I'm sure you're will taste far superior. :-)

      Delete
  5. The reindeer are wonderful - I love the spotted ones! How fabulous to go to a 1000 year old market. Your pies do look yummy - I can just imagine myself covered in crumbs after eating a few! Have a lovely weekend! x K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. The spotted ones are made of Lego, must have taken ages to put all the bricks together. You too x

      Delete
  6. The reindeer are gorgeous!! and so big!! Your mince tarts look delicious, and that's one thing I should get busy making as everyone likes them. We all find mince pie to be too rich, but a small tart is just the ticket!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm not a big fan of dried fruit really but a couple at Christmas are great. :-)

      Delete
  7. Five great Christmassy moments indeed! I hope that you can soon get a tree for your bucket and get to decorating it! Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen! What a fun tour! Mince pies. I must try that. My mother made them for my grannies when I was a child, but I never tried them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like there is meat in the pies doesn't it, but it's just fruit and nuts really. They are only nice at Christmas though!

      Delete
  9. Looks like you're almost all set then. Agree on the mince pies they're a must - have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely, Christmassy post!
    It's very interesting to see how Christmas is prepared in other countries.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the beauty of blogging isn't it. You too :-)

      Delete
  11. Super festive five! I especially liked the sound of your mince pies! & the bucket will be great for your tree!
    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all the best for your weekend too :-)

      Delete
  12. It's a buy time of year. Yummy mince pies, I've got the ingredients but not baking yet as they will be eaten up before Christmas is here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the trouble, you just get organised and then people eat things and you have to start again!!

      Delete
  13. I love Borough Market, and I love mince pies. I had my first last week and hopefully I'll have one most days in the run up to Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a buzzy place full of great things isn't it!

      Delete
  14. I need to get started on my Mince pies. I made the filing, but have yet found the time to get the pastry done! Maybe next weekend! ( I hope!) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's finding the time with the pastry plus it's so messy, flour every where!!

      Delete
  15. So fun and Christmasy! Hope you were able to get your tree now Karen. Lol! Blessings on your week ahead. Xo

    ReplyDelete