Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Sewing Sew Far

Hello

I'm making a few dresses from donated material for members of my friend's church to take to Africa in February.




It's all a bit of a production line. So far I've cut out 34 dresses and 13 pairs of shorts. The shorts just need a cord threaded through the waistband to make them adjustable and the dresses have been sewn done the sides and hemmed.




The next thing is to gather the front and back of the dresses and attach a band and then I can start on the seam binding/arm ties, the strips are all cut and ready to go.

It all takes a while as I have done French seams to stop them fraying but I now have a desk for my sewing machine which makes it all much more comfortable.

I've pressed the seams I've done which reminds me, I must press on . . .!

Bye for now.

6 comments:

  1. That's an impressive amount of clothes, well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that is amazing and such a lot of clothes to make up. This is a fabulous thing to do xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be such a rewarding thing to do and I'm sure all those dresses and shorts will be much appreciated by the recipients:)

    ReplyDelete