Thursday, 26 November 2015

Milk Bottle Tops

Hello

My neighbour has just dropped off a collection of milk bottle tops.

They will be handed over to a charity, Gift of Sight, that sends them off for recycling for which they will receive £30 per 500kg towards helping research on age related macular degeneration.


It seems a brilliant idea to help the charity in this way if there's a collection point nearby or as in our case a chain of people with someone who knows someone else who lives near the collection point.

Mind you 500kg of milk bottle tops represents an awful lot of milk. Think of the number of cows involved!

I'll leave you with that thought!!

6 comments:

  1. Good cause but we use one bottle of milk a week so it may take us a while to collect 500kg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of this charity before or the collecting of bottle tops. I shall get my office & relatives involved - my dad suffered this for a few years before he died. I know the devastation it can cause. Thanks for the link I shall try & do a post on it tomorrow if you don't mind me linking back to you? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I have never heard of this charity before, I must do some research. We use lots of milk at home and at work. Thank you for sharing it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe there might be something similar near you :-)

      Delete
  4. We collect milk bottle tops for someone at my Lovely Hubby's work, he manages to get lots each week from work and from everyone's homes. Unfortunately as I don't drink milk we only manage one a week but it all adds up :-)

    Nice to see this highlighted, we should spread the word around blogland.

    ReplyDelete