Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Loose Ends

Hello

If you've been reading the blog for a while, there may be a few things you were wondering how they turned out.

Mortimer Scarecrow Trail
The winner of the trail in the Adult category was Mary Poppins, followed by Mike's Photo Booth and third Snow White. Here's a link to the website if you'd like to know about the other categories.



MacMillan Coffee Morning
One of the Coffee Mornings I went to raised over £400 for MacMillan, a very successful result.

Downton Abbey
The last ever episode of Downton was aired on Sunday - apart from the Christmas special and rumoured film that is! I still haven't spotted my friend who is a supporting artist, there are just too many hats involved.

Chillies
There are still nine chilli plants going strong inside the house plus a few seedlings. We're not going to have a freezer full this year, just enough to keep us going til next year.



Carboot
Not very successful but sold a few items

Painted Cupboards
After looking at the wardrobe and dressing table for a few days after the chalk paint had been applied and trying to decide if I liked the colour, I applied the wax and was pleased that the colour turned into a proper duck egg blue and looked much better with a slightly shiny finish rather than the startling matt of before. If I paint something else in the future I think I'd choose a different make of paint like Everlong with the finishing product contained in the paint. I should have started with a smaller piece of furniture!

Strictly Come Dancing


Still no tickets but I did enjoy this professional dance. on TV.

Well, I think that's all the loose ends.


Have a great day.





2 comments:

  1. Great to catch up your loose ends! I really liked the Downton episode and am pretty sure where the final Christmas one is headed, but we will have to see! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's all very exciting, I will miss it when it's over. x

      Delete