Saturday, 7 November 2015

Jam

Hello

It's a dark and rainy morning here, there are loads of leaves for me to sweep up again but it's nice and cosy indoors - time for a spot of breakfast!

What do you like for breakfast? On Nigella's new cookery programme, Simply Nigella, we saw that she enjoys some avocado on toast. The avocado is of course mixed with lime juice, chilli flakes, salt, dill and ginger and certainly looked delicious but I think I'd prefer it for lunch. She seems to have had a lot of adverse comments about it on twitter which seems rather crazy to me.

I like branflakes topped off with Grape Nuts for added crunch plus some fresh fruit or as I am wading through our frozen pear mountain at the moment, some of that!
I also enjoy this jam from Lidls. It's really tasty on toast and you can reuse the pretty jars with your own homemade variety afterwards.


A cup of coffee too, that's better. The day has started.  Let's get reading those blogs!

Have a great day and thanks for all the messages.

2 comments:

  1. It is so dark and gloomy here today and quite windy and wet too - lots of ourside things to do but better to stay inside at the moment. My favourite breakfast is a bowl of fresh fruit with yoghurt on it, if not fresh fruit then dried fruit like apricots, apples, prunes and etc. I always love toast and marmalade too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious. I used tput a large dollop of Yeo Valley raspberry yogurt on mine too but noticed I put on some weight so reluctantly I don't anymore. :-)

      Delete