Friday, 27 November 2015

Five on Friday - Cupboard

Hello


I can't believe it's Friday already! This week has gone by in a haze of material and wool.  Mr CK had the brainwave of swapping my sewing machine cupboard for a sewing machine desk which is much more comfy, so I've had to empty all the drawers and fill up the desk with my crucial I-might-need-that-one-day items.

Here are five things I unearthed.

One- Millennium Masks

Hope this isn't too scary for you! I bought these for our Millennium eve celebrations, gosh 15 years ago just for a bit of fun. I think they've been in the drawer ever since! I'm not very good at selfies, I never remember to smile or else look all wonky.


Two - Pearl Beads

A honey jar full of broken necklaces, how can I throw these away?


Three - Thread

These are my Lidl bargain sewing thread, all that for about £4. I couldn't resist all the lovely colours. One is missing, what colour could it be?


Four - Pincushion

This cute, although a bit worn, pincushion was given to me by Mr CK's Auntie Doris many years ago. It's just lovely and so useful and makes me think of her.


Five - Marscapone Cheese?

Well not really, just reusing the pot . . .


. . . for all these glittery bits!



It's amazing what you find at the bottom of cupboards!  Of course, I can't fit all the material in the desk so it's hidden from view until I'm able to use it up!

Thanks Amy for Five on Friday, follow the link to see the other contributors.

Have a good week

18 comments:

  1. What great bits and pieces, love the Millennium masks, what fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful! You never know when you might need a good mask - wear them to the supermarket to get some wear out of them! Broken necklaces should NEVER be thrown away and keeping them in a honey jar is perfect. And how sensible to keep your glittery bits all together in a reused pot. Very frugal. Karen, I think I love you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steady on Mrs T.! Sainsburys here I come x

      Delete
  3. Love those masks and I would equally love the beads as I make jewellery so they would come in very useful. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I ought to make some too. Have a good weekend. :-)

      Delete
  4. The Millennium masks are outrageously glamorous! I love them!
    that was a bargain thread box from Lidl!
    I know I've seen one of those cute pincushions before and admired it lots!
    A great Five this Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you need to stop at outrageous!! :-)

      Delete
  5. It is amazing how much stuff you can squirrel away isn't it. Thank you for joining five on Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice finds! I like the feathermasks and we have the same things: the threadbox and the pincushion. My is old too and the
    English word for it have learnet today...
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice word isn't it! You too. :-)

      Delete
  7. Such wonderful things from your cupboard! I love the masks, I bet you had fun wearing them again:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent fun, messing about trying to take some photos! :-)

      Delete
  8. It's shocking that it's fifteen years since the millennium isn't it? I love this sparkly bits and a perfect time of year to find them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those masks, gosh was it really 15 years ago!! I also love your mascarpone pot, I have pate ones with buttons and pins in. You never know when any of those lovely things might come in handy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I ought to look out for a posher pot, maybe a sparkly one! :-)

      Delete