Saturday, 14 November 2015

CAL

Hello

It's a bit rainy today. Never mind, there's plenty to do indoors. I hope you are all nice and cosy, putting your feet up after the rigours of the week, maybe a bit of crochet to hand and a cup of coffee on the table beside you.

I've started a CAL, that's a crochet-along to the uninitiated non crochet readers. It's the first one I've done in real time. Each part is released every Sunday and I know exactly what it's supposed to look like at the very end because Lucy of Attic 24 is brilliant with all the photo tutorials, helping us at every step.

It's a colourful blanket called Sunny. I like all the Stylecraft colours. Bright and cheerful. Ever changing. Cosy - not yet though as I've only done it for two weeks.


They are hot off the press and still a bit wiggly. Each week, there will be two more squares to do, which fits easily into a week. Sixteen in all.

Tomorrow is Sunday, I'm ready and waiting, crochet hook poised.

Thanks for your messages yesterday, great to hear from you.

Bye for now

8 comments:

  1. Yes we've had a full day of rain here too so indoor activities for all ie, housework!! Time to do the ironing!
    I do admire your crochet work & the colours are so cheery on a wet day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think it will look splendid when it's finished! You need to throw away all those things that need ironing and get some new ones that don't need it!! :-)

      Delete
  2. It will look amazing when it is finished, I will be following your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great. I followed her cal last year in real time. Loved the comararaderie that went with it. I did consider it this year too but just didn't think I would be able to fit it in. Enjoy Sunday's instalment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. She's so good, I love her choices of colour, it's all down to Lucy that I'm doing any crochet at all. :-)

      Delete
  4. Fantastic!!! It is coming along really well isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete