Monday, 12 October 2015

Mosaic Monday Harvest

Hello

I can't resist all the vibrant colours around at the moment. Although the weather is still fairly warm, most of our chilli plants are reaching the end and we've had to harvest a lot of the fruit. I shall miss them all as I've enjoyed watching them change colour from green to purple or yellow to orange to bright, bright red.




Some of the peppers have turned out hotter than they should be as they have been cross pollinated with another variety.

It's essential to try the chillies before piling them all into your cooking creations to test their strength otherwise you could be in for a shock!  A glass of milk can ease the heat exploding in your mouth and remember the pith around the seeds are usually the hottest part. Make sure you don't rub your eyes either!

Many thanks Judith for Mosaic Monday.

Have a great week and thanks for all the messages.

Cheerio

16 comments:

  1. Hello, the chilis are colorful. Pretty images and mosaic! Have a happy new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice but since I cannot take the heat of a mild chili pepper I can only pass on your words of wisdom. Good vibrant fall colours from your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures! I'm not great with chillies either, but I do enjoy their shapes and colours. You've done well to grow all those.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those chilies make a colorful pile. What do you use them for? I can't take too much heat in my mouth, so jalapenos are about the limit for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We make chilli jam and chutney or use them in bakes or eat them raw. I like to look at them best of all!

      Delete
  5. Very bright and pretty! I try to respect the power of a hot pepper! A little goes a long way....

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful harvest! Great tip about the chilli and the milk! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous colouration in your mosaic!

    ReplyDelete