Saturday, 31 October 2015

Mortimer Scarecrow Trail

Hello

If you read my Five on Friday post yesterday, you will have seen a couple of the fantastic scarecrows made by the residents of Mortimer village in Berkshire. This is the sixth year that the scarecrows have been on show, each year with a different theme. This year it's Walt's Wonders to celebrate 80 years of Walt Disney/Pixar films, last year Science Fiction and Fantasy.

There are 40 scarecrows to find which is easily done once you have purchased a map from Dad's Shop or Budgens for a £1. By the time I got home, I had clocked up 21,000 steps so bear that in mind if you have a couple of toddlers in tow!

There is also a competition to do as you go round and you can vote for your favourite scarecrow in the adult, children or funniest categories.

Here are some more photos, which one is your favourite?











It was absolutely packed here, everyone wanting to have a look at James and his giant peach.









This Monsters Inc exhibit was chatting to me as I walked down the driveway, telling me to press the red button . . .

. . . which I did and the door opened - boo!

There were even photos showing how it had all been made. 

You just can't resist these instructions, can you!



I had to wait ages here to wait for the children to move away!




My other photos didn't come out so well especially the ones in the shops behind the glass. Alice in Wonderland was also very popular but difficult to photograph.

I'm sure you'll agree that these and yesterday's look brilliant.

I wonder what the theme will be next year?

Bye for now.

6 comments:

  1. They look wonderful, I bet you had a great time following the trail - I like Cruella and her dogs, tigger and dumbo but they are all well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun, I especially like Cruella and Olaf on his sunbed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great walking round the corner of the road and finding them :-)

      Delete
  3. This looks like so much fun! What a great way to celebrate Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete