Friday, 2 October 2015

Five on Friday Programmes

Hello

Welcome to the blog! I hope you've had a good week.

I am still in tidy up mode and have come across a lot of old theatre programmes and souvenir booklets from the 1980s and 1990s so here they are for this week's Five on Friday. Thanks Amy for the link-up, do have a look to see the other ideas.

One - Bodnant Gardens




It's been over twenty years since we visited this beautiful garden in Wales which is odd as I was so impressed with it, particularly the laburnam arch. I must go back.

Two- Shows in London

Always a treat to go to the Royal Opera House. Although some tickets can be very expensive, you can buy some for as little as £11 as long as you don't mind a restricted view.



The Globe Theatre is quite different to other theatres. Open to the elements during the summer months and closed over the Winter, you can buy a Groundling ticket for just £5 and watch the likes of Mark Rylance, who recently played Thomas Cromwell in Wolf Hall on TV, as we did back in 1998. Mind you, be prepared to stand up.



My favourite ballet is Coppelia.



Three - Local Shows

The local theatres have a good range of shows that tour the country, some with famous stars or local amateur groups.






Four - Wildlife Safari

There are a few places to take a safari in the UK. Here's the guide book for the West Midlands Safari Park where a giraffe popped it's head into the window looking for a snack. Aren't they big!



Five - National Motor Museum

Beaulieu has the National Motor Museum full of beautiful vintage cars. In November there is the annual London to Brighton veteran car rally. Not connected to the museum it is still fun to see these old cars. Here's the website with more info.


I have enjoyed looking back at all the old programmes. I expect some places have changed quite a bit since our visits.

Cheerio till next time.

28 comments:

  1. I save theatre progammes and guide books too! Bodnant gardens are wonderful aren't they - haven't been for a couple of years but they are always spectacular:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always save programmes and guide books from where ever we visit. Such a great way to recall some wonderful memories of bygone visits. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! Lots of wonderful programs and leaflets. I save so much of that kind of thing...that would be a great post for me to consider in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful collection of programs. It shows your varied interests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea for a post. I would, love to see a performance of La Boheme, but I'm also sure my husband would not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An adorable collection of lovely memories.
    Coppelia is my favorite ballet too.
    Enjoy your weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great collection! Lots of memories. I cannot speak for most of these places, but you would be surprised about the national motor museum, it hasn't changed for decades! Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I collect programmes as well, they bring back such lovely memories. Very interesting post, you've been to some lovely shows and places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was surprised to see what was in the cupboard!

      Delete
  9. You definitely take full advantage of what your area has to offer. So many people don't even know what's available in their own backyard. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some very interesting places you visited, wonderful memories

    ReplyDelete
  11. We used to keep all our old booklet etc too but where to keep everything. Lovely reminiscent post

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a lovely collection. We don't live far from Bodnant Gardens and have never been, we really must go. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much to see and do. I live La Boheme. I studied several of the arias when I was in university studying classical singing. I wonder if I could still sing them now?? Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely, I'm sure it's something you don't forget :-)

      Delete
  14. What a great collection you've kept! What a fun way to go down memory lane. ;)
    Thanks for sharing! Xo

    ReplyDelete