Sunday, 20 September 2015

Sunday Stroll

Hello

Do you feel like a bit of fresh air? A stroll in the sun? Welcome to my garden, let's have a look at how things are doing.

The sunflowers are out and the roses are putting on a good display. I can't see any fish in the pond but I'll sit under the umbrella and have a drink later and keep an eye out for them.


Inside the greenhouse a few seeds have germinated and the plants are beginning to shoot up. Not sure what's happened to the glass or the roof though.


Over near the gate red tulips are blooming.


The swing seat looks inviting but there are quite a few jobs to do around the garden.


There are quite a few vegetables to collect.


The wheelbarrow is full of discarded flowers but all the lawn equipment is ready to go as soon as the grass grows.


It's been a good harvest.





Ha ha it's all plastic! My gardening set from when I was little, did you have one too? Made by Britain's Ltd. in the 1960s and 1970s, I used to enjoy collecting the set, one week a flower bed with tulips and daffodils, the next some sprouts or maybe a lawnmower. Over the years pieces have gone missing but it is still quite charming isn't it.

Bye for now.

6 comments:

  1. Awwwww!! I'd forgotten about this, so amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was completely confused there for a minute :) I didn't have a gardening set, though I had a zoo set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved something like this as a child, so great that you still have yours! A lovely way to take a stroll and do a little gardening! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a delightful plaything! So nice that you still have it - it is charming! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, I didn't have one has a child but it's great that you kept it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's brilliant! It reminds me of my girls' sylvanian families toys!
    You're the winner of my holiday giveaway, please could you email me your address so I can post it to you? You can reach me via the contact form on my blog! Alison x

    ReplyDelete