Friday, 25 September 2015

My -Own Five on Friday

Hello and welcome to Five on Friday!

I hope you've had a good week.

Now that Autumn is here and the leaves on the trees are changing colour, I've decided to find five things that rhyme with brown! I know, it's a bit daft but why not!

1 Brown - Autumn leaves





Well, brown, orange and red really. It's all beginning to look a lot like Autumn, everywhere you go!

2 Town - Town Hall

On my way to the Auction yesterday, the Town Hall looked splendid in the sun with the baskets of flowers still in bloom and the bunting flapping about in the breeze.





3 Crown - Portrait



The Queen became the longest reigning monarch recently and to commemorate the day Artist, Animator and Designer Quentin Devine was asked by The Royal Mint to create an effigy of The Queen using 1,952 one penny coins.  Have a look at his website as he's made all sorts of things from carving Brazil nuts to look like footballers, making a photo of Jack Bauer from 24 out of London postcards to designing a jockey to go on the famous Huffington white horse. He lives in Camberley which was the subject of last week's Five on Friday.

4 Down - Downton Abbey




Downton Abbey is back on Tv for it's last series. It is filmed at local Highclere Castle. Sadly, I haven't made it there for a visit yet but you'll be the first to know when I do! Incidentally, I've been enjoying some old episodes of Jeeves and Wooster starring Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie which was also filmed there. I keep expecting Carson the Downton butler to come through the door. I wonder how he would get on with Jeeves? Other news on the Downton front, I bumped into an old friend who told me she is one of the supporting artists on Downton this series. Exciting. I will have to look out for her.

5 Grown (!) - The Chillies and Peppers have really Grown!

Here are the beauties.




Do pop over to Amy's for her Five on Friday link up, there's loads going on. Thanks Amy.

Bye for now.

24 comments:

  1. this really made me chuckle, things that rhyme with brown, Karen, pure genius, brilliant. But in seriousness love the Quentin chap, will go and look at his website, thanks for that tip. Downtown we love it in our house and my daughter is bereft that this is the last episode. We missed Sunday's so will watch it just before next Sunday's episode. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. Sometimes it's difficult to think of things to post about and this week I had a few ideas but a rubbish link!! Have fun.

      Delete
  2. Hi - Great post. I have never visited Highclere Castle but hopefully one day I will. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan, it's always booked up when I want to go!

      Delete
  3. I watched Downton yesterday- isn't Lady Mary a scream? :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll say! Wonder what'll happen tonight?!

      Delete
  4. i will have to check in on the Downtown abbey, i have yet to see it.
    love your photos and especially the Autumn ones, I'm so happy cooler weather is on it's way!
    ~lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unusually for us it was in the 40s in June but it's been quite cool this year with the odd lovely day. A mixed bag. :-)

      Delete
  5. Your Autumn photos are beautiful. I will have to wait for the new year before Downton Abbey makes its appearance here on PBS. I love the bright chili peppers you have grown. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. The chillies taste great too, not too hot but very juicy. :-)

      Delete
  6. I haven't caught up with Downtown Abbey yet, I save it for when I want to sit and relax in front of the TV. Beautiful Autumn pictures. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's nice to watch the whole series in one go! Have fun :-)

      Delete
  7. Love your idea of rhyming. And, brown was the perfect choice. We won't get the final showing of Downton Abbey here in the states until after Christmas. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a long time to wait! I'll be here in no time though! :-)

      Delete
  8. How timely, I was just chatting about DA and the Queen's recent milestone on a recent post on my own blog -- here in North America we have to wait until January for the next DA episode. I hope you get to visit Highclere someday. A writing acquaintance of mine (here in Alberta, Canada) once lived quite near it ... 'tis a small world indeed.

    Thanks for a lovely visit.

    Wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda what a coincidence! We will miss DA and all it's fine costumes . Have a good week. :-)

      Delete
  9. What a great theme for your five things! You did really well to find five things! Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I hope you've found time to put your feet up in the sun. x

      Delete
  10. I like your theme for Five on Friday Karen, sometimes we want to be creative for a post and everything was interesting.
    We cannot get the last series of Downton Abbey until January so you can imagine how we're dying to see the episodes in Canada and the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith, glad you enjoyed it. I couldn't think of any other way to link them all! I won't spoil the Downton surprises! :-)

      Delete
  11. I've enjoyed your Five on Friday - like the rhyme with brown theme and all your photos, your chillies look great:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH you clever Gal! Just loved this post. So fun and loved reading your tidbit about Downton. I wish we didn't have to wait so long to get it here in the States!
    Blessings on your weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will soon be here, the year is racing away!

      Delete