Wednesday, 2 September 2015

Loseley Garden

Hello

Thanks for calling in.

I have gone mad with the camera again in the gardens of Loseley Park! I hope you enjoy the late summer flowers as much as I did.
























Wow! What a lovely garden! You will have to visit yourself if you are nearby. The last but one photo and the photo before it show a mulberry tree actually planted by Queen Elizabeth I in the 16th Century. It has been a talisman for the family that as long as it is still growing, no harm will befall them. There is a picture of it in the border decoration of the drawing room along with the moorhens and cockatrice. Imagine their horror when it was hit by lightning and fell to the ground during World War II.  However, even though it lay on the ground, it started to send up shoots and you can see that it is doing well today. As indeed is Loseley Park.

Of course we had to have a cuppa and a cake in the cafe before winding our way home again.

So glad you could join us on our trip.

Bye for now.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely late summer flowers. It's good that the Mulberry tree survived:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you went beautifully mad with the pictures, after all there were obviously so many great things to see and capture memories of!!! Beautiful plants and that mulberry is amazing isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would be quite lost without my camera especially if there were any flowers about! x

      Delete