Sunday, 6 September 2015

Freezing in the Garden

Hello!

Brrr I've just nipped out into the garden to see how it's getting on. I soon nipped in again as my slippered toes were frozen. I know it's September but really it just seems too soon to be cold - I'll have to fish out some socks soon at this rate.

We've had to bring some of the chillies and peppers in as they were starting to rot off, but they make lovely indoor plants, we can enjoy them wherever they are. They are so crispy and delicious too. Potatoes are ready. Tomatoes red too.






Most of the flowers seem to have come and gone with the fluctuating weather.


The eucomis has developed some seeds.






That's it for this week's garden update.

Just had to mention that there was one of those trees you can put coloured lights and baubles on with some spicy fruity pies in the Co-op today. I know! September! I don't believe it as Victor Meldrew would say.

Lidl gladioli


Thanks for calling in.

Cheerio

6 comments:

  1. Too early to even contemplate the C word event yet - so many other lovely seasonal things to do first. I noticed plastic pumpkins and witchy things in Wilco yesterday - but I suppose it is only a month away. Lovely photos of your garden produce:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the last night of the Proms again on Saturday, the days just whizz by! :-)

      Delete
  2. I do believe you, but I don't believe it!!!! Halloween perhaps, but the C word! Aggghhh!!!! Just as well you have your gorgeous chillies and tomatoes and other things to think about. It is definitely cooler especially first thing in the mornings isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes although we're in for a better week this week hopefully. I don't mind the chilly days as long as the sun's out. x

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous bounty of goodies! Hope the cold stays away for a good while yet.
    Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We definitely need the summer to last a bit longer :-)

      Delete