Friday, 18 September 2015

Five on Friday - Camberley

Hello everyone!

Thanks for visiting as we head off on another Five on Friday at Amy's place, do have a look at what's going on by following the link.

As the weather is getting cooler, I had to head off to the shops in Camberley to stock up on a couple of cardigans and I was determined to find five things to tell you about while I was there.  It's a smallish town with all the usual shops but nothing seemed to be jumping out for a photo. Perhaps a cup of coffee would give me a bit of inspiration.

ONE - Bills

This is a chain of restaurants dotted about the country.  The inside is rather rustic and colourful.  I have enjoyed many a jaffa cake and coffee at various Bills, so, not having been in this particular establishment before, in an inspectorish sort of way, I thought I had better see if Camberley's jaffa cake came up to the mark.  Well someone's got to do it.




I have to report that it didn't.  It was nice but not the way it used to be.  Still, refreshed, I headed for the park to see if there were any flowers about.

TWO - Flowers



THREE - Royal Military Academy

Known as Sandhurst, The Royal Military Academy is located in Camberley and is where officers of the British Army are trained.  Each June the public are able to visit on a Heritage Open Day where the grounds can be enjoyed as well as various events including displays and music from the band.



FOUR - Back at the Shops

A few new shops have appeared since I last visited including a new fabric shop - Cutting Edge Fabrics - that has a small amount of wool and At the Ark - A vintage market place, which has all sorts of exciting things in a second hand sort of way that have been refurbished.


Around the town, Bob the Builder was about and there were some chairs covered in fake grass for that all important sit down when the going gets tough.



FIVE - Surrey Heath Museum

At the teeny tiny Museum about the local area, the sock machine caught my eye, as did a technological sculpture of an elephant.

I think they've dropped a few stitches!



That's my five for this Friday.

Have a good week.

Bye for now.

Karen x


15 comments:

  1. I haven't been to Camberley for many years so it was nice to take your tour. I do remember visiting Sandhurst and was really impressed with the stunning grounds. The museum certainly looked like fun. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going into our little town for coffee too, sorry the Jaffa cake failed the test.. beautiful flowers and cute items in the little museum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just wasn't how I remembered it! :-)

      Delete
  3. Bills may not have come up to the mark, which is a great shame, but how colourful and cosy inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt the rest of the menu was wonderful! :-)

      Delete
  4. Lovely fives, I enjoyed your tour of Camberley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five lovely views of Camberley a place I've heard of but never visited. Never seen a Bills either so it was great to see your photos - the museum looks interesting too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen. This looks like such a lovely little town. I enjoyed all the photos you shared today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Camberley fairly well, but have never visited the museum, must fix that! I do love browsing in The Ark, but I have never bought anything in there. No reason, just never happened! Must find that fabric shop though! I haven't seen that either. What is happening to me! Thank you for joining Five on Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend!!! Sorry to be late visiting, we have been away and just got back today. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric shop is opposite The Ark but on the road where Woolworths used to be - it's mainly curtain material but there was some dressmaking material and cotton for quilting. x

      Delete
  8. Thanks Karen! What a fun tour. ;) I love the fun seating & that museum looks very interesting.
    Happy weekend to you! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you although I'm too late as it's finishred! :-)

      Delete