Monday, 7 September 2015

Craft in Focus Mosaic

Hello

Hope you're having a good day.

I'm joining in with Judith's Mosaic Monday today.

Ooooh what's this?







I couldn't resist the lure of a Craft Show on my doorstep. There were all sorts of interesting items for sale in the hall, all accompanied by a pianist and a violinist playing classical gems. Here's a few stalls that caught my eye. Hopefully if you click on the photos you can zoom in. I've put some links to their websites too so you can have a a peek at their photos and other items.


I love these wooden puzzles, especially the cups and saucers complete with biscuits and spoons - they must take ages to make. Mike and Gill Hayduk






Linda Dooley Knitwear - beautiful woolliness 







The trouble with craft shows is that the items for sale are quite expensive - no doubt the prices don't really reflect the hours and hours of work put in by the artist even so.

I did buy a few birthday cards which were a bit different and enjoyed my chats with the stall holders. Sadly the cafe had an enormous queue or I would have stopped off for cup of coffee.

My £4.50 entry ticket does let me back in for the remaining days of the Fair, I might pop back.

Have a great week whatever you are up to.

Bye for now.


14 comments:

  1. Craft fairs are so much fun. There are so many talented artists and their wares are hard to resist! Enjoyed my visit here! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Craft Show! The items look so beautiful. For me, it would be especially difficult to resist those silks and the knitwear. :)
    Thank you for sharing and have a lovely new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a lovely craft fair to visit x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, the craft fairs are fun. So many beautiful things, I love the handblown glass, pottery and ceramics. Enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely show. It must be a dilemma for the artists to work out the amount to charge compared to the work put in as we can imagine from our own crafting. Glad you enjoyed it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'd never make any money if I tried to sell anything I'd made, I wouldn't be able to ask for hundreds of pounds even if it had taken weeks to make, I'd feel too embarrassed! x

      Delete
  6. I love a craft fair and there will be lots coming up for Christmas. It was like window shopping through the one you attended with your photos.
    Thanks for joining Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting craft fairs is a great way to spend an afternoon. There are so many creative people in this world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With so many different exciting ideas. :-)

      Delete