Thursday, 20 August 2015

Yet Another Alice

Hello again!

Are you late? Late for an important date? No time to say hello, goodbye?

As you can see I have plenty of time to say hello! I found this clock plus a couple of well-painted carrots in the middle of a group of trees in the park near the shops and just had to investigate.  At the back of the clock is a tunnel, not into the ground, more a plasticky, squidgy, overground tunnel. Nevertheless, I think it leads to Wonderland.


The outdoor production of Alice in Wonderland is in full swing. I haven't seen it but I bet it's good fun. I did see Midsummer Night's Dream one year and it was hilarious following the actors all over the park as they played their part.

Inside the Arts Centre on display are the carefully drawn designs for the show plus some teeny models.

Look, there's the clock and the heart throne from my post yesterday!

A long table covered in colourful cups must belong to the Mad Hatter

This model was also on display - it's for their Summer School Production of Sherlock Knights - A Time Traveller's Story. It's a bit hazy as it's inside a display case.
Lots of hard work go into these shows but I bet there are lots of fun and games along the way too.

Good luck to all the performers, let's hope the sun shines as they say their lines.

Twinkle twinkle little bat
How I wonder what you're at!

Keeping well, I hope. (Not that I'm calling you a bat of course!)

Bye for now

8 comments:

  1. How lovely to have an outdoor performance space that's so well-used. I wonder if you'll go to watch the production? The props and scenery are beautifully done - the clock is great (and no, I'm not feeling at all like a tea tray today - ha ha!) :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish I could come along and see this!! We have shows in our local woods, we went along to see a Halloween show by Rogue Theatre, walking through the woods in the dark with various characters along the way and a show in a tent at the end. It was fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds very spooky but thrilling at the same time! :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Shame it's all rainy at the moment though x

      Delete
  4. Such a fun display! Outdoor theatre is so enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It adds another dimension, doesn't it. :-)

      Delete