Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Knitting Patterns


Hello

Here we are again!


I've been looking at the knitting books sitting on my bookshelf.  I have a small collection of beautifully presented books packed full with fabulous photography, exciting patterns and allsorts of inspiration.  I thought I'd share some with you.



Loani Prior comes up with all sorts of weird and wonderful patterns for tea cosies, I could just go wild myself and make them all.  These books made me fish out my knitting needles again after a good few woolless years.



The blue cosy is called Loopy Lou and needs to be felted once it's been knitted.  Aren't the colours fab.





Kaffe Fassett is well known for his colourful designs.

He decided to make this jug coat as he had always been fascinated by blue and white china and one thing led to another, as they often do.

The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady by Edith Holden inspired the 80 knitting designs in this book.  It is beautifully illustrated with sketches of flora and fauna on the pages.  It is divided into seasonal sections and this jumper is under Autumn and is called Juniper Berries.



The Patricia Roberts Collection contains some unusual knitwear, probably more suited to the 1980s.  Some incredible concoctions though.


 There are some interesting hairdos and make up as it was published in 1985.

Confetti
Chequered
Allsorts

Finally another Kaffe Fasset book which my lovely daughter kindly sent me, full of colour with yet more ideas - how does he do it?




Gridlock Cushion

I have had a go at some of the projects over the years but I need a lot more practice/speed/patience/ability to get the sizing right to achieve the wonderful results so I think I had better stick to looking at the books from time to time.

Good fun though.

Maybe you have already a wardrobe full of these designs.  I'd love to see them.

Cheerio!

8 comments:

  1. Super I would be so tempted to have a go at Kaffe designs I think he is fab. Enjoy your books xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are certainly some wacky tea cozy designs there. I like the Country Diary book I wonder if they have an old copy on Amazon. I'm such an old bat!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon seem to have everything, so you might be lucky! :-)

      Delete
  3. Kaffe Fassett is very inspiring, isn't he? I love the crazy tea cosy book too. I also have the Edwardian Lady knitting book but haven't knitted anything from it. Sometimes it's just nice to look and be inspired :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great books for inspiration there! The tea cosies are lots of fun aren't they. We saw the Kaffe Fassett exhibition last year and it was wonderful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's so good with all his colourful projects x

      Delete